July 22, 2011

Welcome to SF Solitaire

Hello, and welcome to my little corner of the web.  I've been involved in discussions and reviewing on Goodreads.com since 2009, and while I adore Goodreads and the community of readers there, I wanted to have a central place to collect some of my reviews.


I also wanted to focus specifically on standalone speculative fiction in all its myriad forms.  There are so many wonderful series available, and although I certainly do enjoy some of them, I've never been a habitual series reader.  I have always preferred the self-contained stories of standalone novels, and I am particularly fond of many lesser-known gems.  There are many great SF blogs out there dedicated to general SF reading, as well as many themed around series reads, but I haven't personally come across many specifically geared towards discussing and reviewing standalone works.


It is my hope that visitors will find some great new reads here as well as suggesting some to me that I might not have read.  Please feel free to leave comments/discussion points on posts that capture your interest and/or connect with me elsewhere around the web.  (I'm not a Facebook gal, but many of the usual social suspects can be found linked at the top of the blog near the RSS feed .)  I hope you'll visit often and help spark some great discussions!

No comments:

Post a Comment